Baby chokes to death after mum feeds him marshmallow in coffee shop
Benjamin O'Brien was left struggling for breath as the 1.5inch sweet became lodged in his throat. His mum, Juliet, reportedly gave him the treat because he was 'tired'.
His dad, Stuart O'Brien, a trained first aider, made desperate attempts to save his son, as did paramedics who were called to the scene, but the sticky sweet could not be removed.
The baby fell unconscious and was later pronounced dead at Queen Elizabeth II Hospital in Welwyn Garden City.
The inquest's Coroner, Mr Thomas described Benjamin's death as a 'tragic accident' and delivered a verdict of accidental death.
Such a tragic story.