Is this the most bizarre pregnancy craving ever? Mum-to-be hooked on eating newspapers!
A mum-to-be has revealed she has one of the most bizarre pregnancy cravings we've ever heard of: newspaper.
Not reading it - eating it!
While some pregnant women develop a taste for chocolate, pickled onions or even coal, Anna Curran is unable to stop munching on newspapers, and even keeps shredded copies in her bag for snacks!
The 35 year-old, who is expecting her fourth child in April, confessed: "I can't help it. I just need to get the flavour of it.
"I could be sitting in the bingo hall and I'll start ripping out pages of the newspaper and all the people look at me going, 'What is she doing?'
"I sit and tear the white bits off the edges of the pages and keep them in a bag so I can eat them while shopping."
Anna, who lives in Dundee with partner Les Simpson, said she has a particular penchant for her city's Evening Telegraph. She said it has such a distinctive taste:
"If you shredded up lots of different bits of paper, I would know exactly which one was the Evening Telegraph."
The newspaper is produced every weekday and Anna said she has begun to dread weekends - as she has to stock up on copies of the paper to ensure she has all the print that's fit to eat on Saturdays and Sundays.
And - despite being surprised at her strange tastes - Anna's friends and family have started buying the paper in bulk to help ensure her latest craving is satisfied.
She revealed: "My kids think it's crazy. My youngest, Tegan, says, 'Mum, that's not good for you.'
"She was so confused - she asked me for a taste but she said it was horrible."
Did you have any bizarre cravings in pregnancy?
More on Parentdish: Meet the mums-to-be hooked on road kill and furniture polish!
Cringe! The most awkward pregnancy pics EVER
- Possibly the weirdest Christmas card we've seen
- Proof why you should ALWAYS offer a pregnant woman a seat
- Moving on...
- Definition of Fruit Loop
- He definitely comes off worse in this shot
- Love how even the mum didn't want to show her face in this one...
- Where did the feather come from?!
- We really, really hope this is as far as it went-that bump is bound to get wedged...
- Don't get us started on male pregnancy symptoms...
- Love the matching shirts. Not entirely sure on the need for the gun though
- Is it just us, or is she a little too close to the edge?!
- We reckon she's been in that chair for days
- How much body paint do you think this took?
- Talk about a difficult pregnancy hobby
- We can see you!
- Limbering up for labour
- Imagine stumbling across this on a weekend walk...
- A bump love-in
- Well, they do say pregnancy makes you tired...
- Nothing is more romantic than a kiss, with your bump out, in a swamp
- Stealing her thunder
- Surely a grown-up didn't do that?
- Someone, somewhere, thinks this is really funny
- Poor things