Nonomum riddle: Woman claiming she's expecting NINE babies had her tubes tied
When a Mexican woman claimed to be pregnant with a whopping nine babies, we thought we'd finally found someone to knock Octomum off the record books.
But the plot of Karla Vanessa Perez's bumper pregnancy has thickened, as health officials have claimed she's not even pregnant, let alone expecting nine babies.
The 32-year-old has been called a liar, with doctors claiming she is just obese, and can't possibly be expecting her brood as she's had her fallopian tubes tied!
Doctor José Salvador Gallegos Mata told El Diario de Coahuila: "Everything is a crude joke, hatched by a person with an evident and urgent need to say, 'Here I am! Come and see me! I exist!'
"Humanly and scientifically a pregnancy of nine would only be possible through IVF. But never through natural methods, and even less so when a woman who has undergone a salpingectomy (the surgical removal of the Fallopian tubes she had following the birth of her youngest child).
"This woman needs urgent psychiatric help, because now the hoax has been discovered she will not know how to confront it, how to solve the problem she has created."
Karla claimed she was expecting six girls and three boys, due on May 20. She had announced she had conceived her bumper brood just weeks after giving birth to what we now know to be phantom triplets.
Karla does have three children with car mechanic husband Juan Bernardo Garcia Morales, but they are four, 12 and 15.
Announcing her news, she told the press: "It's very early to think of names for the babies. First I hope that everything goes well."
Footage of Karla talking about her 'pregnancy' is below from a Mexican TV station.
Octomum, it seems your crown is safe...
Cringe! The most awkward pregnancy pics EVER
- Possibly the weirdest Christmas card we've seen
- Proof why you should ALWAYS offer a pregnant woman a seat
- Moving on...
- Definition of Fruit Loop
- He definitely comes off worse in this shot
- Love how even the mum didn't want to show her face in this one...
- Where did the feather come from?!
- We really, really hope this is as far as it went-that bump is bound to get wedged...
- Don't get us started on male pregnancy symptoms...
- Love the matching shirts. Not entirely sure on the need for the gun though
- Is it just us, or is she a little too close to the edge?!
- We reckon she's been in that chair for days
- How much body paint do you think this took?
- Talk about a difficult pregnancy hobby
- We can see you!
- Limbering up for labour
- Imagine stumbling across this on a weekend walk...
- A bump love-in
- Well, they do say pregnancy makes you tired...
- Nothing is more romantic than a kiss, with your bump out, in a swamp
- Stealing her thunder
- Surely a grown-up didn't do that?
- Someone, somewhere, thinks this is really funny
- Poor things