Chocolate and crisps are off the menu for five-year-old Lola - because they could kill her
The five-year-old suffers from a rare kidney and liver disease which means even a small piece of CHOCOLATE could be fatal.
She is also banned from eating chips, cereal and crisps. Lola suffers from a rare condition called Autosomal Recessive Polycystic Kidney Disease.
Her 10-year-old sister Nicole also suffered from the inherited condition but, after a combined liver and kidney transplant, she can now eat as much chocolate as she likes.
Lola is now on the waiting list for a double transplant but until then, her mum Natalie, 35, has to be extra careful about her daughter's diet because just one square of chocolate could cause her potassium levels to rise to fatal levels.
"If Lola ate any chocolate it would be life-threatening," said Natalie, from Birmingham.
"She gets jealous when she sees her friends eating chocolate and does ask for it, but gets really upset and cries when she can't have it.
"Lola's kidneys can't remove waste properly, so it builds up in the blood and damages her body.
"It means she can't eat chocolate, chips, cereal or crisps so I don't bring them home.
"Lola is basically on a diet of sausages, toast and plain pasta until her transplant as they are some of the safest foods to eat."
Lola's other siblings, Taylor, eight, Molly, six, and three-year-old Laice do not have the condition.
"When I discovered Lola had ARPKD like her sister Nicole, I thought 'Oh no, not again'," said Natalie.
"It was awful and there were lots of tears, but her sister is doing well now and that's our hope for Lola."