Mum saved son from choking on Fruit Shoot 'Magicap' days before millions are recalled
A mum told how she saved her son from choking on a dodgy Fruit Shoot cap after it lodged in his throat.
Six-year-old Alexander Farries was drinking his favourite drink when the controversial 'spill-proof Magicap' came off.
Fortunately, his childminder mum Shelley is trained in First Aid and knew what to do, but she said it could have been a lot worse.
She complained to Britvic – the giant company that owns the Robinson's drinks – and soon afterwards, millions of the mini-bottles were recalled.
It's not known whether the company acted because of the 35-year-old mum's complaint or whether it was a coincidence.
Shelley, from Elmstead Market, Essex, said: "Luckily I'm trained how to deal with these things - so I patted his back and a chunk of the lid popped out of his mouth."
Shelley said the only compensation she was offered was a day trip to a theme park.
She fumed: "It's a bit of a cheek."
Britvic - which owns Robinsons - recalled all Fruit Shoot and Fruit Shoot Hydro with the caps as a 'precautionary measure' and said it would take six weeks for Fruit Shoot to go back on the shelves - with a safer cap.
The damage will wipe up to £25million from profits this year.
A spokesman said: "The safety of our customers is paramount. We apologise to her and all our customers for the inconvenience caused."