Girl, 2, starts house fire after playing 'mummy' in the kitchen
The two-year-old, from Ashford, who has not been named, was thought to have put a cardboard lid from the top of a game box into the oven while pretending to cook. She managed to turn the oven on, causing a fire.
The little girl's mum smelled smoke and called 999 after removing her children from the house.
Fortunately, by the time the fire crew arrived, the blaze had burned itself out, causing only minor damage to the oven and kitchen work tops.
The little girl was given oxygen by the fire officers as a precautionary measure, and examined by paramedics.
Jim Smart from the Kent fire service warned that young children should never be left unattended near anything that poses a risk of fire:
"Children of this age are unaware of the potential dangers of fire," he told the Kent News. " Just three breaths of fire smoke can be fatal but babies, children and older people are most at risk if a fire breaks out in their home, as their bodies are less able to cope.
He warned that the fire could have quickly escalated to something much more serious: "Luckily this was a fairly minor incident and the fire was detected quickly. However, the outcome could have been very different if the fire had continued undetected."
How lucky were this family! Has you toddler ever done anything like this?