How do all these toddlers
Little James Brayshaw, two, is the third little person
we've met who has got a toilet training seat stuck on his head!
His mum, Deborah Price, 36, a nurse from Manchester, tried to pull the seat off James' head, but to no avail. She tried soapy water but it wouldn't budge, and she ended up calling for help from the fire brigade to get James loo-se.
"I usually move the seat when James has used it, but I forgot and left it there," explains Deborah. "He must have been curious because he picked it up and put it on his head. I tried to pull it off, but his ears kept getting stuck. I didn't know what to do."
Deborah's partner, Mark Brayshaw, was at work and could not help so she rang Fairfield General Hospital, in Bury, Greater Manchester, for advice.
They told her to phone the fire service and she went through their control room as she did not want to call 999.
"I was really embarrassed but the fire service were great. James loved seeing the firemen," says Deborah. "He had been really upset but he calmed down when they arrived and did exactly what they told him. The plastic was quite thick but they used a hacksaw and pliers and managed to remove it."
Afterwards, James was given a tour of the fire engine and was allowed to climb inside.
"James loved sitting in the fire engine and hasn't stopped talking about it since," says Deborah. "The firefighters were absolutely brilliant. I don't know what I would have done without them."
Click on our gallery below for more misadventures from the little people of this world...
- Firefighters rescue toddler from toy machine
Yep…and again! Inquisitive Kaytlyn Campbell climbed inside a game's eight inch opening to play with the toys, but got herself trapped. The emergency services were called to Commonwealth Coin Laundry in the States to rescue the little lady, and used a saw to cut into the machine's lock <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/02/20/firefighters-rescue-toddler-from-inside-toy-machine-video/" target="_blank">to get her out.</a></p>
- Three-year-old freed by firefighters after his head was wedged in railings
We have to admit this made us LOL. Such a classic predicament! Forget saving cats from treetops, firefighters were called to help get Karime Nasser, three, out of <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2011/10/07/three-year-old-freed-by-firefighters-after-head-stuck-between-school-railings/" target="_blank">his pickle</a> when he put his head between two railings as his mum, Sammi, dropped him off at school.</p>
- Toddler falls off cliff
Mum Melanie Liu dived off the face of a cliff to save her son Eli after he <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/06/27/toddler-fell-off-cliff-and-mum-dived-after-to-save-him/" target="_blank">took a tumble over the edge</a>. Luckily Melanie and Eli were both unhurt after the accident in n Whitby, North Yorkshire, which occurred on a stretch of cliff with overgrown grass and foliage. </p>
- Toddler gets loo seat stuck on head
Toilet training can be a tricky business. But toddler Kai Stevens found the whole thing a huge drama when he got his <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2011/12/16/toilet-training-toddler-freed-by-firemen-after-head-stuck-loo-seat/ " target="_blank">head stuck in a removable loo seat!</a> His mum Nikki tried to get her son loose for 20 minutes before firefighters were called to rescue him.</p>
- Toddler gets stuck in toy machine
Little Aiden Moore is the third troublesome toddler to get a bit overexcited while playing on a toy arcade game, <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/07/12/child-gets-stuck-in-a-toy-machine/" target="_blank">getting himself well and truly stuck inside the machine</a>. He was trapped inside for 20 minutes while staff found the key, but he did walk away with a toy after his little mishap - lucky lad!</p>
- Toddler gets finger stuck in escalator
This little girl had a lucky escape after she got her fingers caught in an escalator in a shopping centre in China. She was sitting on the escalator but didn’t get up in time when she reached the top. Technicians had to take the escalator apart to free her, and an X-ray then showed several fingers bent out of shape. <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/07/09/video-toddler-gets-finger-stuck-in-escalator/" target="_blank">You can watch the footage of her accident, and her rescue, here. </a></p>
- Firefighters called to cut loo-se toddler who got potty stuck on his head
Poor Tzvi Berkobits, three, was playing with his potty at home in Frankston, Australia when he <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/05/15/firefighters-called-to-cut-loose-toddler-who-got-potty-stuck-on-his-head/" target="_blank">got his head wedged</a>. His mum Esther called the fire brigade to free the little lad, after trying everything and anything to get him free.</p>
- Toddler swallows 37 magnets and survives
Inquisitive toddler Payton Bushnell is lucky to be alive after <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/03/06/toddler-swallows-37-magnets-and-survives/" target="_blank">swallowing 37 high-powered magnets</a>. She complained of a tummy ache and her parents were amazed to see all the magnets show up on an X-ray at hospital. The magnets were from Payton's parents' Buckyballs, a popular magnetic game they had at home. The magnets ripped three holes in Payton's lower intestines and one in the stomach, but luckily she is on her way to a full recovery. </p>
- Toddler escapes cot as twin acts as his look-out
This pesky pair must drive mum and dad mad! They were <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/kids/the-great-escape-toddler-escapes-cot-with-twin-as-look-out-then-destroys-evidence/ " target="_blank">caught on camera</a> escaping from their cot during an afternoon nap. Toddler Dayn decided he'd had enough of enforced nap time - and watched by his more cautious <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2011/04/23/double-trouble-no-having-twins-is-double-the-joy-and-double-th/" target="_blank">twin</a> Layn - decided to climb out of his cot and make a break for freedom. Mum Cheryl, from Alberta, Canada, uploaded the video onto YouTube with the comment: 'It looks like it is time for a toddler bed! Dayn refuses to stay in bed at nap time.' </p>
- Australian toddler gets trapped in toy machine
The temptation of toys got too much for this little lad - he got so frustrated trying to win a toy from a grabber game that he <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2011/11/04/how-toddler-gets-trapped-in-toy-machine/" target="_blank">climbed inside</a> the machine to fish one out himself. The 15-month-old boy had to be rescued by the emergency services, but not until countless tourists had lined up to get a photo!</p>