Here's a tale to turn your tummy.
When 19-year-old student Ibrahim Langoo tucked into a KFC meal
, he got a nasty surprise.
Hidden in one of the pieces of the Colonel's finest chicken, was what appeared to be a bird brain!
Ibrahim - who bought the Gladiator Box Meal from the Colchester branch of KFC in Essex - took a photo of the wrinkled organ, and complained to staff.
KFC apologised for the organ - which they helpfully explained wasn't a brain, but a kidney (!) - and offered Ibrahim vouchers for free meals, although the music student says he will never eat the Finger Lickin' Good food again.
Ibrahim bought the Gladiator Box Meal to share with his friend Laura Canning, also 19. Laura ate the fillet burger, but as Ibrahim tucked into his second chicken piece, he found the organ.
"The first piece was absolutely fine - I was hungry and polished it off," said Ibrahim. "I have a habit of picking the chicken off the bone with my fingers, and as I pulled the second piece apart I saw this horrible wrinkled foreign body.
"I threw it down onto my tray immediately. It looked like a brain. I suddenly felt grim and really sick. I couldn't bring myself to pick the lump up so I went to the serving counter to complain.
"It was about 1pm and pretty hectic in the restaurant and as it was so busy none of the staff helped me. I didn't want to pick the 'brain' up as I couldn't bear to look at it.
"I was grossed out by the fact that I could so easily have eaten it without realising. I just wanted to get out of KFC as quickly as I could. I still feel really sick and disgusted by it all now.
"KFC say they are sorry and are concerned to hear of my experience as they have 'rigorous standards' but I'm still not impressed. I never want to eat KFC again - in Colchester or anywhere else. I'll eat chicken at home, where I can see how it's been prepared."
A spokesman for KFC said: "We always try to ensure the highest standards in all of our restaurants.
"Although we haven't received the product, it appears from a photograph that unfortunately on this occasion a kidney, and not a brain as claimed, was not removed in the preparation process. We're very sorry about Mr Langoo's experience and while there was no health risk, we agree it was unsightly.
"We will be carrying out a full investigation and providing him with a gesture of goodwill."
More on Parentdish: Dad finds dead mouse in his breakfast cereal!
- Crazy health and safety rules stop parents heating baby food in public
All new mums and dads know that you have to be super-organised when you're heading out and about with a new baby. And that usually means packing your own baby food so that you can pop into a cafe and feed your little one. But the Myth Busters Challenge Panel - a new Government panel which has been set up to counteract over-the-top health and safety rules - has found that some cafés and restaurants <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/08/24/crazy-health-and-safety-rules-stop-parents-heating-baby-food-in-cafes/" target="_blank">refuse to warm up baby food</a> or supply hot water, because they say it's just too risky! Have you ever come across this?</p>
- Brilliantly bad baby shower cakes
Giving new meaning to the phrase 'bun in the oven', the home of bad baking, <a href="http://www.cakewrecks.com/" target="_blank">Cakewrecks.com</a>, introduced us to the best bad baby shower and welcome to the world cakes ever seen. <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/pregnancy-and-birth/baking-fails-brilliantly-bad-baby-shower-cakes/" target="_blank">Take a look and let us know your favourites from our gallery</a>, but be warned, some are not in the best possible taste...</p>
- Dad finds dead mouse in his bowl of Rice Krispies
It was a case of Snap, Crackle and Shock for dad Mark Hunter who found a dead mouse in his Rice Krispies! The dad-of-two was just about to tuck into his second mouthful he spotted the rodent. "I saw this dark shape appear in the milk, but I didn't realise what it was until I fished it out with my spoon," he told the <a href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dead-mouse-in-rice-krispies-mark-1416980" target="_blank">Mirror</a>. Ewwwww!</p>
- Council builds 'Mcpath' from school to McDonald's
Bridgend council in South Wales made the news when it announced it would be spending £100,000 on a footpath to <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2011/07/04/council-spends-100-000-on-mcpath-from-school-to-mcdonalds/" target="_blank">ensure children can reach the nearest McDonald's</a> safely from the school gates! Every lunch time 200 pupils turn their noses up at school meals and instead walk along a busy bypass to eat at the fast food chain. Council chiefs say they can't stop children tucking into burgers and need to protect their safety on the half-mile walk to the burger bar…</p>
- Teen eats only chicken nuggets for 15 years
Stacey Irvine, 17, has eaten almost nothing but nuggets <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/01/26/teen-eats-only-chicken-nuggets-and-toast-for-15-years-docs-say-extreme-diet-will-kill-her/ " target="_blank">since she was two</a> years old, and recently collapsed at home, struggling to breathe. Doctors found that she was anaemic and had swollen veins in her tongue - all because of her diet. Medics urged her to change her eating habits, but Stacey said that although she knows how serious her addiction is, she just can't stop eating the nuggets. </p>
- Girl, 5, chokes on chunk of plastic inside chicken nugget
Little Angel-Mika had a traumatic mealtime when she <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/11/02/girl-5-chokes-on-chunk-of-plastic-inside-chicken-nugget-asda/" target="_blank">almost choked</a> on a chunk of plastic packaging inside an ASDA chicken nugget. Mum Nicola Hilton complained to ASDA, but was told it could take up to 60 days to investigate the plastic found in the Chosen by You chicken nuggets.</p>
- Every lizard helps! Boy finds reptile in Tesco loaf
A 10-year-old boy got a lizard more than he bargained for when he went to make some toast for breakfast. William Evans, from Axminster, Devon, <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/07/19/every-lizard-helps-boy-finds-reptile-in-tesco-bread-loaf/" target="_blank">found a reptile</a> stuck to the bottom of the <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/07/09/tesco-would-not-help-look-for-missing-two-year-old-in-store-claims-furious-mum/" target="_blank">Tesco</a>-bought multi-grain loaf! William told his local <a href="http://www.midweekherald.co.uk/news/youngster_finds_lizard_in_tesco_loaf_1_1450396" target="_blank">newspaper</a>: "I was making some toast and cut off a slice when I saw something that looked like a leaf. So I took the wrapping off and found the lizard inside. It certainly put me off my toast! It was about two to three inches long."</p>
- Christmas reindeer steaks for sale at Lidl
Supermarket chain Lidl hit the headlines as the festive season kicked off, after it <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/11/14/tasteless-or-tasty-christmas-reindeer-steaks-for-sale-at-lidll/" target="_blank">started selling reindeer meat!</a> Some parents slammed the chain's decision to offer Siberian reindeer leg steaks as 'tasteless' - although the supermarket described them as 'tasty'! Our <a href="http://www.facebook.com/parentdishuk" target="_blank">Facebook fans</a> saw the funny side. Nicola's biggest concern was 'what's the best kind of wine to go with that'? and Vicky made us laugh, commenting: "I would try it. Santa only has, what, 12 reindeer, and there are more than that on earth. Besides, his are magic and fly, these are obviously the ones who didn't get the job!"</p>
- Baby eats fingernail thought to have come from jar of baby food
Dad Christopher Bovington was feeding baby Theodore, five, when his little boy started coughing and spluttering. Christopher peered into his mouth and found a fingernail right at the back of his son’s mouth! Manufacturers Heinz said they would investigate the incident. "I started to panic and my partner was screaming,” <a href="http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/11/26/dads-fury-as-son-eats-fingernail-thought-to-have-come-from-jar-of-baby-food-heinz/" target="_blank">said Christopher</a>. “She held his head and was trying to get it, but every time he coughed it moved further backwards."</p>
- Teenage girl lives on diet of cheese and tomato pizza
Sophie Ray, 19, has eaten nothing but <a href="http:// http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/03/29/teenage-girl-lives-on-diet-of-cheese-and-tomato-pizza-sophie-ray/" target="_blank">cheese and tomato pizza</a> for the last eight years. The teenager from Wrexham, Wales, hasn't eaten a proper meal since she was two years old, and gags if she tries anything other than a plain pizza slice. Sophie has lived on a diet of cheese and tomato pizza since she was 11 as even a slice of pepperoni is enough to turn her stomach. The teen suffers from a bizarre condition called <a href="http://uktv.co.uk/really/item/aid/614285" target="_blank">Selective Eating Disorder</a> (SED), which means she has a phobia of almost all foods, leaving her petrified to try new foods.</p>