Woman has 10lb baby girl - on the day she found out she was pregnant!
Linda Ackley, 44, had no idea she was pregnant when she went into Allegiance Health facility in Jackson, Michigan, US – but she delivered her first child the same day.
"Some people have nine months to prepare. I had 15 hours," her husband, Mike Ackley, told the local paper.
Linda went to the doctor because she had some bloating in her abdomen. Believing she might have a hernia, the doctor sent her to hospital for a computerised tomography or CT scan.
The scan revealed she was pregnant – and was full term – so the hospital immediately arranged a Caesarean section.
Kimberly Kay Ackley weighed 10lb 1oz.
The baby and her mother were discharged from the hospital four days later.
Looking back, Linda said she confused the baby's movements for expanding and contracting muscles and twitching nerves caused by her surgery.
"It never occurred to me I was pregnant," she said.
Her periods had always been irregular. She was not in pain and did not notice significant weight gain.
At the hospital, she and her husband of 24 years made phone calls, informing family members of the pending birth of their first-born.
They thought it was a joke, but Mike said. "Who can make this up?"
Cringe! The most awkward pregnancy pics EVER
- Possibly the weirdest Christmas card we've seen
- Proof why you should ALWAYS offer a pregnant woman a seat
- Moving on...
- Definition of Fruit Loop
- He definitely comes off worse in this shot
- Love how even the mum didn't want to show her face in this one...
- Where did the feather come from?!
- We really, really hope this is as far as it went-that bump is bound to get wedged...
- Don't get us started on male pregnancy symptoms...
- Love the matching shirts. Not entirely sure on the need for the gun though
- Is it just us, or is she a little too close to the edge?!
- We reckon she's been in that chair for days
- How much body paint do you think this took?
- Talk about a difficult pregnancy hobby
- We can see you!
- Limbering up for labour
- Imagine stumbling across this on a weekend walk...
- A bump love-in
- Well, they do say pregnancy makes you tired...
- Nothing is more romantic than a kiss, with your bump out, in a swamp
- Stealing her thunder
- Surely a grown-up didn't do that?
- Someone, somewhere, thinks this is really funny
- Poor things