Strawberry, toasted almond and caramel pancakes
Sweet pancakes packed with strawberries, perfect for Pancake Day
Serves 4 (2 pancakes each)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 Minutes
For the pancakes:
2 eggs, beaten
Oil for frying
For the filling:
20 strawberries, chopped
1 tbsp caramel sauce
300ml Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp, heaped, toasted almonds
What to do:
1. In a bowl, sprinkle the sugar over the strawberries and leave while you make the pancakes. Switch your oven on to a low heat.
2. Place the flour in a bowl and gently whisk in the milk and eggs so you have a lump free batter. It should be the consistency of singe cream.
3. Heat a medium sized frying pan on a medium heat then wipe it with oil. Ladle enough batter into the pan to coat the base with an even, thin layer when you tilt it around the pan.
4. Leave the batter to stand until the top side looks dry and the bottom is golden, usually around 30 seconds. Using a fish slice or a flick of the wrist, turn or flip the pancake to cook the other side. Once cooked pop it on a plate, cover with foil and keep it warm in the oven. Repeat this until all the batter is used up and you have a pile of pancakes.
5. Gently fold the juicy strawberries and caramel through the yoghurt until it just ripples. Serve two pancakes per person topped with a dollop of the yoghurt mixture and a scattering of almonds.
Thanks to Vivastrawberries.
More pancake ideas:
Simple pancakes to make with your kids
French crepes with apples