Summer barbecue recipes: Glazed halloumi and vegetable kebabs
They're glazed with a mixture of lemon juice, grain mustard, honey and olive oil to give them a sweet and tangy finish.
For the kebabs
- 8 skewers
- 1-2 blocks halloumi cheese, cut into 8 large chunks
- 2 peppers, each cut into 8 chunks
- 2 cobs of sweetcorn, each cut into 4 chunks
- 2 courgettes, each cut into 8 chunks
For the glaze
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp grain mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before putting the veg on them to prevent them from burning on the barbecue.
2. On a wooden board lay out your chunks of cheese and vegetables in the order you're going to thread them onto your skewers.
3. Start with a chunk of courgette, followed by a chunk of pepper, then very carefully thread on the halloumi (it's prone to break) followed by another chunk of pepper - I used the pepper to almost cradle the cheese to stop it falling off on the grill.
4. Add another chunk of courgette, then put the sweetcorn on the end. It's quite tough to put on the stick so I put it at the end and then shuffled the rest of the vegetables up the skewer.
5. Make the glaze by mixing all the ingredients in a jam jar, then brush over the kebabs. Cook the veggie skewers on the barbecue, turning frequently until a little charred - around 10-15 minutes.
Click on the banner below for more delicious and easy summer recipes.